YA RAIDframe thought

I've been dealing with more RAIDframe stuff, and another thing occurs
to me: after a member has failed and been reconstructed onto a spare,
it would be nice - especially for autoconfigured RAIDs - if there were
some way to update the live RAID to elimiate the spared member,
converting the used_spare into a real replacement for it.  Otherwise,
after a few failures with no intermediate reboots you can easily wind
up with a RAID set half of whose members are used spares - and have
trouble because there's a disk that was long ago spared out that you
want to now add as a spare, but it's already a member....

Is there any such thing?  I haven't been able to find it, and was
tempted to implement it even if just for my own use, but thought I'd
(a) see if it's there and I just missed it and (b) ask if anyone else
might be interested.

I'm thinking something like "raidctl swapspare /dev/sd0e raid2" (which
would either eliminate spared sd0e and replace it with its spare, or
move the used_spare sd0e into place instead of of the disk it's spared
out, depending on whether sd0e is spared or used_spare).

\ / Ribbon Campaign