Re: config_activate()/config_deactivate() ?

On Sat, Apr 04, 2009 at 09:53:38PM +0900, enami tsugutomo wrote:
> > What are config_activate() / config_deactivate() for?  Are they remnants
> > of a pre-pmf(9) power management framework?  Can we remove them and the
> > drivers' activate methods, too?
>
> Device deactivate routine is used for example when pcmcia controller
> driver notify the card removal to corresponding driver as soon as
> possible.

I think that in principle, it should suffice that the controller's
driver knows that the device is gone until the card's driver has
detached.  Controller drivers already do stop calling the card's
interrupt handler, I think.  They should also discard bus_space(9)
writes and synchronization, and return all-1s values (e.g., 0xff) on
reads.

Dave