Re: netbsd-5 NFS(?) lock up

On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 09:49:58PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> db{0}> ps /l
> PID    LID S CPU     FLAGS       STRUCT LWP *               NAME WAIT
>            >   4 7   0       204           cadc7780          softbio/0
>            >   2 7   0       205           cadc7c80             idle/0

Can you t/a these two threads please? It is possible that something is
spinning in the softbio thread. The most recent occurrance of this was due
to code sleeping while holding a simple_lock.

[I'm thinking we should just rip out all the remaining calls to simple_lock
because they are error prone. Those in file system and MD code are likely
to need replacing, others don't.]