Re: Kernel or userland bug: file descript passing in Postfix

On Sun, Mar 08, 2009 at 08:05:57AM +0000, Michael van Elst wrote:
> >Is this really a bug in Postfix (in which I case I will commit the patch)
> >or is it a kernel bug?
>
> Whatever is considered a bug.... Postfix was changed this way
> for compatibility with LP64.

Well, I'm actually using it on a LP64 platform.

> RFC3542 which describes the interface (for IPv6) says that we
> do it right:
[...]
> On the other hand, there is nothing that forbids us to be tolerant
> and support receiving into a buffer without space for padding.

That sounds like some kernel work. Would it make sense to commit my
fix (eventuall with #ifdef __NetBSD__ arround it) until we have
decided what to do about the kernel side of this?

        Kind regards