Re: RAID-on-RAID

> IIRC, configuring them up was easier than getting the unconfigures
> done in the right order... (and actually getting the devices to close
> properly)

Is that related to autoconfiguration, though?  It seems to work fine
with the second-layer RAIDs done via /etc/rc.d/raidframe, and I didn't
see any obvious reason to think there was a difference between an
autoconfigured RAID and any other, once configured.  (This is 4.0.1
i386, in case it matters.)  I didn't see any reason autoconfig would
affect unconfiguration, but of course I could very well have missed
something.

Perhaps I'm just lucky in how I have the RAIDs arranged?

\ / Ribbon Campaign