Re: 5.0/i386 regressions

Dennis den Brok <d.den.brok%uni-bonn.de@localhost> schrieb:
> * On my two laptops, an IBM R50e and a Dell Latitude X1, NetBSD
> won't shutdown cleanly, however in slightly different ways:
> the Dell just does not power off after the kernel syncing disks,
> while the IBM appears to be off (including all of the LEDs), but
> can't be turned on again unless properly power-cycled.

I've checked again following Daniel's suggestion, but in my case
not ichlpcib is the culprit, but a cf card in the Dell's cf-slot:

> wdc2 at pcmcia0 function 0: <TRANSCEND, TS1GCF80, >
> wdc2: i/o mapped mode
> atabus1 at wdc2 channel 0
> wd1 at atabus1 drive 0: <TRANSCEND>
> wd1: drive supports 1-sector PIO transfers, LBA addressing
> wd1: 991 MB, 2014 cyl, 16 head, 63 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 2030112 sectors
> wd1: drive supports PIO mode 4

Removing the card, or disabling wdc* via userconf allows for the
machine to power off again. I'm afraid I have no idea what exact-
ly the problem is, but I'd happily test patches to cure this prob-
lem.

TIA,
Dennis den Brok