Re: defflag for MODULAR option

apb%cequrux.com@localhost wrote:

> I have patches to add "defflag MODULAR" to src/sys/conf/files
> and to add #include "opt_modular.h" to everything that tests
> the MODULAR option.  A test build on i386 works.
>
> The patc is at
> <ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/apb/defflag-modular.20090118.diff>
>
> Is it OK in principle to commit this?

We should ask Andrew why he removed the defflag for MODULAR
on LKM removal?
http://cvsweb.NetBSD.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/sys/conf/files#rev1.925

> Before I commit, are there guidelines for how to sort defflag lines in
> sys/conf/files,

I guess there are too many historical reasons,
but it was right after COREDUMP before.

> and how to sort #include "opt_foo.h" lines in various
> kernel sources?

Alphabetical order is fine for me to see dup/missed lines.
---
Izumi Tsutsui