Re: netbsd-5 _lwp_park() SIGSEGV

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 06:57:26PM +0000, Andrew Doran wrote:
 > The informal plan is to kill ptrace() completely and provide Sun's threaded
 > /proc interface to the debugger. The decision was made on the basis that the
 > interface works and no additional gdb code needs to be written. I am not
 > aware of anyone working on it at the moment.

Which of Sun's /proc interfaces? There have been several.

Once some years ago I was trying to get a research debugger to run on
Solaris and had the displeasure of trying to use their /proc
interface, because their ptrace emulation didn't work at all.

The documentation described one /proc interface; the contents of /proc
and the system header files were clearly for another. Whether the
contents of /proc actually matched the system header files or not I
don't know, because I never did get the damn thing to run properly.

So I'd really recommend picking something else to emulate, or fixing
ptrace, or even hacking something new. Even though I know nobody wants
to touch gdb...

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost