Re: converting uid/gid to abstract credentials

I wonder if your desire to make UIDs and GIDs opaque, as opposed to the
set of UIDs/GIDs that make up a credential (cred_t or kauth_cred_t),
derives from a desire to support other forms of IDs, such as Windows
SIDs.

If so, you might want to look at what we do in OpenSolaris re: SIDs, or,
for that matter, what Samba does on Linux/*BSD/Solaris generally.

Otherwise cred_t/kauth_cred_t _is_ the abstraction you're looking for.

[BTW, I'm not on the tech-kern list, so cc me if you want me to see any