Re: ACPI Issues on Lifebook P7120 (with fixes)

On Fri, 5 Dec 2008, Grégoire Sutre wrote:
I get the following with acpidump. I would not be surprised that my laptop's BIOS does not conform to the ACPI spec. Is it written in the spec that every ACPI device must have an HID?

Your laptop follows the spec just fine, but in this case as Joerg said the device is associated with a device in the PCI tree and NetBSD does not currently enumerate onboard devices this way. There are a few ways to hack around it (the method you and I used in acpi_display, or Joerg's suggestion for attaching to VGA), the question is which is the least hacky :)

Cheers,
Jared