re: Path to kmods

   >> I fully expect non-dynamically-linked kernels to be desupported
   >> within some small number of years;
   > That is unlikely to happen given the market segments NetBSD does well
   > in.

   I hope you're right.  But I look at what's happened to userland
   and...well, I still expect as stated above, in large part because I see
   a strong tendency to try to push NetBSD into other market segments,
   especially what I might call the "clueless user" segment.

what, exactly, has happened to userland?

what ability has been taken away?

.mrg.