Re: setsockopt() compat issue

In article <20081016150444.GA1738%asim.lip6.fr@localhost>,
Manuel Bouyer  <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> wrote:
>On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 09:41:18AM -0500, Bryce Simonds wrote:
>> Have you tried using a 32bit integer instead of a 64bit integer?
>
>No and it's not the point: this binary runs fine with a 3.1 kernel,
>it should run with a -current one.

I am not sure if we should be providing backwards compatibility for buggy
code. There were other related setsockopt changes that made the call return
an error where before it would succeed. This is just one instance of them.
If we really want to do this, we should create a compat_setsockopt call.

christos