Re: Suggestions for reporting remote control button presses to userland

On Oct 7, 2008, at 4:06 PM, Jared D. McNeill wrote:

Hey folks --

I have a 24-button IR remote control here that I want to use with NetBSD. My driver decodes the key presses, but I don't know how to deliver them to userland. wskbd seems a bit heavy, and even if there was an easier way I'm not sure how I would represent a button named eg. "DVD menu" or "Guide" with wskbd.

I've hooked the volume buttons into pmf for volume control, but what about the remaining 22 buttons?

Pass the data through to userland in the raw, and drive everything from a userland app.

Cheers,
Jared

-- thorpej