Re: Suggestions for reporting remote control button presses to userland

On Wed, Oct 08, 2008 at 04:41:21PM +0100, Iain Hibbert wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Oct 2008, Jared D. McNeill wrote:
>
> > Iain Hibbert wrote:
> > > how do keyboards (or computers) with 'media buttons' work?  If they
> > > translate into some kind of keycode then I think a remote control should
> > > probably just do that also.. (it is a key press on a board of keys :)
> >
> > It looks like the USB HID spec has provisions for this type of thing:
>
> Yes, and the Sony remote does provide HID information though not as a
> keyboard, it uses Microsoft usage page input events which I don't think
> there are specs for (but I could be wrong)

Some of the Sony Ericsson phones also have a BT remote control feature;
it would be cool to be able to use those as well.  Besides knowledge of
the existence of the feature I haven't tried it, but will try and find
some time to play with it and see how it goes.

--rafal

--
  Time is an illusion; lunchtime, doubly so.     |/\/\|           Rafal Boni
                   -- Ford Prefect               |\/\/|