Re: Proposal for reporting remote control button presses to userland

On Wed, 8 Oct 2008, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
Seems reasonable (though I'm no fan of XML, and in any event think that

Yes we know, you make it a point to say this every time somebody mentions using proplib. Deal with it or propose a better solution.

if we do use XML we should think hard about the actual data returned --
envstat has far too much knowledge of what it's seeing).  Two concerns:
first, can more than one application connect to the daemon at once?  I
hope so.  Second, is there going to be some optional filtering, say by
device?

Applications shouldn't speak to the wsremote mux directly, instead they should use the cooked socket provided by wsremoted, in which case yes, you can have multiple listeners. The sample message I posted above has a 'source' key that you can filter on.

Cheers,
Jared