Re: A hint for my Core 2 Duo MP bug

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 10:07:46PM +0200, Vincent wrote:
> Roy,
>
> >Sounds exactly like my issue with -current on my Core2 Quad.
> >My solution was to disable the PS2 ports OR boot with a PS2 keyboard
> >connected - my default keyboard is USB.
>
> Ah. First I am happy, so to speak, to see my case is not a "hapax". I
> can't use a PS2 keyboard: my machine is a Dell, it comes with no PS2
> port. So your workaround would probably not work in my case, but I can
> try commenting out the PS2 keyboard in my config.

There's no PS/2 port but the PS/2 controller exists on the chipset.
Also, the BIOS probably sets up the USB controller to emulate a legacy
PS/2 keyboard. So disabling the PS/2 keyboard/mouse in the
kernel could help. I'm not sure boot -c is enough in this
case, as I guess the console (and so pckbc) gets a minimal initialisation
before userconf is invoked.