Re: dirhash code

Dear Mouse,

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 02:36:22PM -0400, der Mouse wrote:
> >> What it is used for?  Why does it need to be generic?
> > This dirhash support is for accelerating directory lookup actions for
> > creation/deletion and lookup in general.
>
> That's what I thought.  Am I correct in thinking that this is a
> filesystem concept?  Then surely sys/fs/ is the right place....

The only problem i have with the idea of a dirhash kmod is that i'd
eventually would like to incorporate it further and then the kmod could
come a legacy ;)

So what would be wise.... its not that big:
   1869     540       0    2409     969 dirhash.kmod

maybe i am pennywise and pound foolish by not inserting it in
sys/kern/vfs_dirhash.c ??

With regards,
Reinoud