sysmon_envsys(9)

Several people have commented on various aspects of the current sysmon_envsys(9) implementation and their desire to see it re-done for NetBSD 5.0. Many of these comments have been along the lines of "it started out good but just grew to be too unwieldly."

I've been tasked with getting sysmon_envsys(9) back under control. I'd appreciate any specific examples of this "bloat", or suggestions about what's wrong with, or lacking in, the current implementation. Hopefully, what I come up with will be more useable without any of the excess baggage.

TIA.

/paul