Re: revivesa status 2008/07/09

On Jul 24, 2008, at 1:29 AM, Andrew Doran wrote:

Ignoring the mutex size issue, we are still compatible at the library level. If statically linked pthread applications do actually work in 4.0, then it's by accident. Even with dynamically linked binaries the initialization relies
on a stack of obscure bugs to work.

As far as I am aware, statically linked pthreads applications have never worked / been supported.

We should drop any and all illusions of it working by NOT installing the .a file.

I think the only platform we "support" that doesn't have dynamic linking is m68010 (sun2).

-- thorpej