Re: bad KASSERT in buffer cache code

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 03:45:19PM +0200, Juergen Hannken-Illjes wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 03:28:23PM +0200, Matthias Drochner wrote:
> >
> > hannken%eis.cs.tu-bs.de@localhost said:
> > > How should MSDOS fire on bp->b_vp->v_tag != VT_UFS ?
> >
> > No idea. Is there a good reason for fs specific assumptions
> > in generic buffer code?
> >
> > > Do you have a backtrace?
> [snip]

See also kern/38892, which are a few more instances of this issue with stacks
attached.  I presume the fix to the KASSERT should fix those as well (Manuel
filed the original bug, I tripped over another instance of it and attached my
backtrace as well).  Please update that PR if you fix this.

--rafal

--
  Time is an illusion; lunchtime, doubly so.     |/\/\|           Rafal Boni
                   -- Ford Prefect               |\/\/|