Re: Problem with raidframe: bad disk or bad memory, how to tell?

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 02:24:01PM -0700, Brian Buhrow wrote:
>       Well.  Checking each partition individually  adds mystery to the
> problem.  Each of the disks reports no errors, and the fsck'ing of each
> disk individually looks clean.

Did you try running 2 fsck at the same time, on on each disk ?
This is to make sure the issue doesn't show up only when both disks
are active at the same time.

> Yet, running fsck on /dev/rraid0a yields
> similar results to the ones I already posted.  My guess is that I'm seeing
> memory corruption.  This makes me wonder  if I need to reboot the machine
> without syncing the disks first.

If there's damage to be done, it's probably already done.

> Perhaps I need to install memtest86 to
> see if I can exercise the memory and find out where the problem is.

Would be a good idea.