Re: Newbie Kernel Programmer looking for first project.

On 30-Jun-2008 Michael Litchard wrote:
> I intend to use a xen DomU for this.
> Can I compile -current in a 4.0 enviroment? Is this a cross-compilation
> thing?
> maybe it would be more appropriate to move to -current on my Dom0.

Yes, you can install 4.0, and then cross compile -current. The build.sh
script/machinery makes this very simple to do.  This is probably the ideal way
to do it, so that your work machine is nice and stable, and then you just boot
the -current kernels to test them occasionally.  perhaps you can make an
additional xen domain to test boot the kernels on.

---
Tim Rightnour <root%garbled.net@localhost>
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/