Re: pcidevs added, but support not added (Broadcom BCM4318 AirForce One 54g revision 0x02)

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 06:47:21PM -0500, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> See PR 34289:
> http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=34289
>
> I have on NetBSD/amd64 4.99.67 the following:
>
> vendor 0x14e4 product 0x4318 (miscellaneous network, revision 0x02) at
> pci2 dev 2 function 0 not configured
>
> It looks like dmesg output has changed a lot as now it shows vendor and
> product number instead of name again.
>
> But what I am curious about: why are entries added to pcidevs if the
> support is not added?

So you know what it is, even if there's no support for it?  I don't know
about you but I have trouble remembering the PCI-SIG ID of all the
vendors, let alone the IDs of the devices they make.

--
Quentin Garnier - cube%cubidou.net@localhost - cube%NetBSD.org@localhost