Re: Nvidia MCP67 SATA controller

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 07:30:41PM +0200, Dieter Baron wrote:
 > the Nvidia MCP67 SATA controller does not work using the viaide driver
 > (in native pci compatibility mode), as various users have reported.

MCP65 should also use this patch (I have one, same behavior), and
probably all the later nvidia versions as well.

 >   This works quite well most of the time, but sometimes the chip seems
 > to get in a strange state after the switch.  It then returns bogus
 > data when identifying the drive:
 >      wd0 at atabus1 drive 0: <ST506>
 > (or similar, written from memory) instead of
 >      wd0 at atabus1 drive 0: <Hitachi HDT725032VLA360>
 > and hangs when trying to read from the disk (still during boot).

IME, it will also probably probe a ridiculously small drive size. I
believe this is a known issue with ahcisata.c, not limited to nvidia
cards, and so it's not something you've triggered.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost