Re: bus_dmamap_sync() for uhci(4)

On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 05:45:50PM -0400, Michael Lorenz wrote:
> Here's what it did on my O2:
> - - the USB-IDE bridge was occasionally identified as full speed device
> but it's high speed, usually when booting cold with the disk plugged
> in. Unplugging it and plugging it into a different port usually got
> it attached to ehci.
> - - the disk survived half an hour bonnie++ on both ehci and uhci
> without any errors from the kernel, so you fixed at least the HBA
> errors.
> Writes are still screwy though:
> - - newfs fails to create a root directory on both ehci and uhci. fsck
> created it when forced to check the filesystem
> - - interrupting bonnie++, unmounting and running fsck -f yields many,
> many errors while fsck claims the filesystem is clean. Running fsck -
> f again still gives errors, even when the filesystem was mounted with
> - -o sync or -o softdep and fsck claimed to have fixed all errors. I
> think it's USB-related because the O2's SCSI disks show no such
> behaviour - everything works fine there.

I finally installed -current on my O2, and plugged in my VIA-based PCI card.
My O2 is:
                   System: IP32
                Processor: 150 Mhz R10000, with FPU
     Primary I-cache size: 32 Kbytes
     Primary D-cache size: 32 Kbytes
     Secondary cache size: 1024 Kbytes
              Memory size: 192 Mbytes
                 Graphics: CRM, Rev C
                    Audio: A3 version 1
                SCSI Disk: scsi(0)disk(2)
               SCSI CDROM: scsi(0)cdrom(4)

A USB 2.0 key works fine, no problems:
- newfs'd as ffs on sparc64, and copy a file to it
- fsck_ffs -f on sgimips doesn't find errors
- I could read the file, the checksum match
- newfs_ffs on sgimips
- fsck_ffs -f on sgimips doesn't find errors
- mount, copy /netbsd to it, umount
- mount again, cmp /netbsd /mnt/netbsd shows the files are identical.

the same key also works fine on uhci.
My umodem device also work fine.

Any chance to try on your hardware with different USB devices, or perhaps
different USB controller ?

One thing that may be relevant: at one time, when I plugged in the USB
key I got on console:
crime: memory error address 37b4ca80 status 2040000
What does it mean ? I've not been able to reproduce it ...