Re: Removing softdep

> I had some vague memory that the softdep code had additional development
> under FreeBSD

I believe this is true.

> and that it works well there.

This, however, I'm less sure about. I've had some FreeBSD machines
blow up fairly dramatically when softdeps are enabled, with insanely
lengthy (and repeated) fscks required to get the box somewhat
reoperational. Most of the time it seems to work OK - but then again,
it seems to work OK most of the time on NetBSD, too.