Microbenchmarks

Hi,

I thought I'd post this because it makes for interesting reading. It's the
output of Sun's libmicro, comparing these systems in (mostly) default
configurations: NetBSD-current, NetBSD 4.0, Fedora Core 9, FreeBSD 7.
The output and libmicro's home page:

        http://www.netbsd.org/~ad/libmicro.html
        http://www.opensolaris.org/os/project/libmicro/

Some tests are not included because they don't work properly on !Solaris
yet, couldn't complete because of resource limits (NetBSD 4) or crashed the
machine (not NetBSD). I made sure that the BSD systems were using the cpu's
cycle counter for clock, I think Linux already does that.

I have a few patches against libmicro, esp. to use clock_gettime and a
monotonic clock, and will see about adding it to pkgsrc.

Andrew