Re: GSoC - USB Video Class (UVC) webcam driver

On Wed, May 07, 2008 at 11:16:01PM +0200, Matthias Drochner wrote:

> pat%polycrystal.org@localhost said:
>
> The clean and modern way to identify the interfaces belonging
> to a UVC device is the "IAD" (Interface Association Descriptor).
> I've posted some patches which implement this a while ago.
> Unfortunately I've found that the approach I've chosen (to
> use an intermediate device node for multi-interface devices)
> makes it hard to implement parts of the "ugen" semantics
> without evil hacks. (And it requires ~all kernel config files
> to be adapted.) So it seems I'll have to rearrange things;
> I hope I get it done before the 5.0 release cycle, but I can't
> promise.
>
> Anyway, it would be good if you put the code which identifies
> the interfaces to deal with somehow seperate, so that it
> can be easily changed. (uaudio is actually an example how
> it should _not_ be done.)

Just to clarify, the IAD stuff is not yet in -current?

Can you point me to a better example than uaudio?  It seems
that umass, umidi, and uaudio all use a similar match
scheme, using USB_IFMATCH_START(u*, uaa) and then checking
class and subclass of uaa.  Thanks.

Patrick