Re: ld(4) shutdown/flush patch to avoid tsleep at system shutdown time

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 01:48:04PM +0100, Andrew Doran wrote:
> Yes, there should be no reason that we have to poll there. Even though the
> system is being rebooted it's still up and running. Why is the code being
> executed at IPL_HIGH?

The MD reboot code is responsible for that. It gets more complicated by
ddb deing able to trigger a reboot, though I would prefer to have a lazy
reboot option for that. E.g. just signal a kernel thread or whatever to
wake up and reboot as soon as DDB is left.

Joerg