Re: PCIVERBOSE and kern/38579

> pci_subr.o is now quite large.  I think it's time to retire
> PCIVERBOSE and give the job of identification to pcictl, in
> userspace.

Doesn't PCIVERBOSE provide useful information at probe time, which can
be important if it doesn't manage to start userland at all?

I can see turning PCIVERBOSE off in more cases, to shrink the kernel.
But removing it entirely strikes me as a bit much.

/~\ The ASCII                           der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML               mouse%rodents.montreal.qc.ca@localhost