Re: usb autoconf crash (maybe Re: Speeding up autoconf on PCs)

On Sat, Apr 05, 2008 at 09:30:04AM +1000, Daniel Carosone wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 04, 2008 at 12:20:46PM +0100, Andrew Doran wrote:
> > SSP or the stack redzone? Have you got a backtrace from it?
>
> (hand copied)
>
> usbN at pci .. EHCI ..
>
> panic: stack overflow detected: terminated
>
> breakpoint()
> panic()
> __stack_check_fail()
> usbd_new_device()
> usb_doattach()
> config_interrupts_thread()
>
> Without looking, that smells more like SSP to me, and (after a few
> more runs) it happens so reliably at this same place, also like an
> issue in the usb code.

This still happens with -current in the past few days; shall I file a PR?

Unfortunately, I don't have a great deal of time just now to test
permutations (without SSP, any others?) so I'll have to work through
them slowly as opportunities permit.

--
Dan.