Re: per-cpu statistics (Re: CVS commit: src)

On Apr 7, 2008, at 4:25 PM, YAMAMOTO Takashi wrote:

will it be something generic enough to replace evcnt?

Right now I'm just getting the network protocol stats into percpu storage, collated when requested via sysctl. I'll attack evcnt separately. I don't want to use evcnt (just yet) to replace the various network protocol stats. It's mostly a matter of usage -- how programs expect to be able to access this data currently.

At the very least, the direction I'm going would allow us to replace the protocol stat implementation pretty painlessly if we decided to do so.

-- thorpej