Re: Speeding up autoconf on PCs

On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 19:12:34 +1000
Daniel Carosone <dan%geek.com.au@localhost> wrote:

> > On Sat, 29 Mar 2008, Andrew Doran wrote:
> > This patch uses kthreads to absorb delays during autoconf, speeding up the
> > boot process quite a bit.
>
> A recent kernel since this was committed panics reliably during
> bootup, while probing and configuring usb.  The panic is detected as a
> stack overrun (maybe enabled by DIAGNOSTIC?).

Isn't that check only available if the kernel is built with USE_FORT?

I've been using currrent with all debugging options turned on and never had
that error.

--
Juan Romero Pardines - xtraeme at gmail|netbsd dot org
        The NetBSD Project

Make your own NetBSD/x86 Live CD:
http://www.netbsd.org/~xtraeme/mklivecd/