Re: sdmmc driver

Tobias Nygren wrote:
On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 16:48:16 -0400
"Jared D. McNeill" <jmcneill%invisible.ca@localhost> wrote:

It looks like we've been sitting on an sdmmc driver since Aug 2007. I think we should commit it -- any objections?

Cheers,
Jared

There were objections to how it attaches -- iirc some wanted it to
use ld(4) instead of sd(4). I personally think a driver that abuses
sd(4) is better than no driver at all, and would be happy to see it
imported.

Agreed, I would like to keep the current solution until somebody comes up with a better driver :-)

32GB SD cards are around the corner. I'd love to put one of those
in my laptop and use it for / (except for loading the kernel
from disk).

Indeed. I ordered myself an Eee PC last night, and it had occurred to me that nearly every machine I have these days has an SD slot. Having SD support on my NetBSD/amd64 laptop would be very helpful :-)

Cheers,
Jared