Re: mjf-devfs2 branch

Matt Fleming wrote:
Now, onto the design. My devfs implementation consists of 3 parts,

First off, I would like to thank you for this work Matt! I'm very excited to see this effort merged with the base system.

        * dctl: the devfs control device node that allows devfsd to
                communicate with and manipulate devfs mounts. This
                device node is also responsible for notifying devfsd of
                new devices being attached to the system.

Does dctl notify on all autoconfiguration attach/detaches, or only on new device node additions/removals? If the former, I would really like to use this facility for device notifications with my NetBSD FDO HAL port.

Cheers,
Jared