kqueue - Specific change information.

Hi, I would like to be notified of changes made within a folder but not have to rescan the folder to get an updated listing everytime I am notified of a change.

Is there a method using Kqueues by which I can monitor a folder and then, when say, a file is added retrieve that specific info? i.e, "file x added in folder y" as opposed to just getting "something happened in folder y"

Is this possible?

Many thanks.