Re: Dynamically allocated locks

On Mar 26, 2008, at 1:42 PM, Andrew Doran wrote:

For sockets: I want to be able to do container based locking / "lock
chaining" similar to our scheduler, where the locks are objects in their
own right.

For processes, clone() is quite granular. It seems a lot easier to do
it this way rather than inventing another data structure to hang off
struct proc.

Is we are going to have one mutex / cacheline, should we throw a kcondvar_t
in there as well (even if we never use it)?