Re: Cleaning up namei

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 09:48:09PM +0000, David Laight wrote:
 > > Emulation becomes easier because you could try "under
 > > emulation" then  "not under emulation". Doing it all in namei_begin() can
 > > make state-keeping challenging.
 >
 > I'm not sure that works - you have to be very careful in the way symlinks
 > are expanded.
 > Although I can't actually remember what I decided the code should do!
 > (nor whether I implemented something simpler!)

Yes, I would prefer to keep all the emulroot stuff contained inside
namei. It is, after all, roughly the same as onionfs. :-/

I've noticed, btw, that there's not really a whole lot of consistency
in the use of TRYEMULROOT, and I suspect many of the cases are wrong.
Is there a clear rule for when it is and isn't supposed to be used?

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost