Re: Unifying /dev/{mem,kmem,zero,null} implementations

On Sat, Mar 01, 2008 at 07:40:32PM +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:
> alpha:                vmstat: kptr fffffc00005bbe00: boottime: kvm_read: Bad
> address

Needs mm_md_kernacc to check the access of the direct mapped VA.
One version would be to just allow the direct addresses and depend on
mm_md_physacc to filter out the invalid entries. Comments?

> prep:         vmstat: kptr 2bc9b0: boottime: kvm_read: Bad address

The current code doesn't limit access for kmem at all -- IMO that is
wrong. I could just allow it, but that feels wrong.

> sgimips:      vmstat: kptr 8031888c: boottime: kvm_read: Bad address

Simon commented on that.

Joerg