Re: pmf_device_register() vs pmf_device_register1()

joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost said:
> The problem is not so much changing CFATTACH_DECL, the main problem is
> distinguishing drivers that don't support it.

These could have a NULL pointer at that point, as done eg
for the "childdetached" or "rescan" methods.

Btw, I could imagine that a parent device can "proxy" the
sleep/resume support for its childs. This would make sense
for eg USB, assuming that devices suspend automatically due
to global suspend signaling, still get minimal power to
keep state, and that insertion/removal events are still
recognized.

best regards
Matthias

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr. Harald Bolt,
Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt