Re: ch timeouts

Let's see if I got this right- you uncovered the problem of
"overlapped commands attempted" because the original command timed
out?

IMO, such as it is, a timeout is the host's problem. Therefore, the ch
driver, if it sees a command time out, has to assume that state on the
changer has been lost- the changer may or may not still be working on
the command. A stateful device like a tape drive or a changer probably
should follow the sequence of ABORT TASK -> TARGET RESET after a
command timeout.