Re: Removing GENERIC.local from the repository

On Feb 10, 2008, at 3:56 PM, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 10:54:53 +0100
"Julio M. Merino Vidal" <jmmv84%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

What I'd like to do is change all kernels that include a
GENERIC.local to use cinclude instead, and then drop GENERIC.local
from the CVS.  The reason for this is to avoid having local
modifications to files that are strictly designed to modified
locally and never committed.

I very much agree, for an even stronger reason: I like /usr/src to be
read-only, so I can blow it away and recreate it, without pain.

Me too but... in that case you cannot use GENERIC.local anyway, can you? Because, as far as I know, you cannot trick the system to look for that file in some other place...