Re: Support for Broadcom BCM5906M

Salut, Joel,

On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 14:05:07 +0100, Joel CARNAT wrote:
> I have absolutely no idea of how much work is left.
> I got the inital code from
> http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys/dev/pci/if_bge.c.diff?r1=1.214&r2=1.215&f=h
> http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys/dev/pci/if_bgereg.h.diff?r1=1.73&r2=1.74&f=h

You should add the BGE_ASICREV_BCM5906 etc. to the PCI device list in
dev/pci. Also, usually, the matching and attaching code requires some
work. I'm not sure how much different the network driver API of OpenBSD
is from that of NetBSD these days, but there might also be some
mismatch which wants to be fixed.

                                Tonnerre