Re: audio power code tsleep()s from interrupt context

On Fri, Jan 18, 2008 at 07:56:44PM +0100, Matthias Drochner wrote:
> the code which tries to power down audio devices if not
> used for some seconds causes a panic for me - see below.

To be fair, I would classify that as bug in the USB code.

> While this is a worthwhile goal to save power I don't
> think this should be mixed with the suspend/resume code
> the way it is done now.

Huh? The power saving is done by suspending the device if it is not used
for a while. It is not mixed with suspend/resume in any other way.

I am not sure if the assertion in that form is still warranted, Andrew
should be able to comment on that. But I guess for drivers like USB we
really have to do the idle processing from a kernel thread.

Joerg