Subject: Re: reboot due to critical battery level
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/20/2007 17:58:30
On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 11:48:30 -0500 (EST)
"Matthew Mondor" <mm_lists@pulsar-zone.net> wrote:

> Can't the low battery threshold also be configured though?  If so it
> might make sense with 5% or so power (my laptop can remain suspended
> for days with 5% battery, in fact I set its BIOS to do it as needed
> (and use APM rather than ACPI with it on NetBSD).  So I can plug the
> AC and resume operations without losing state.

You cannot change the 'low-power' event thresholds right now. The code
checks if the AC adapter is on and all batteries are in low or critical
state. The problem is that the firmwares use different thresholds for
low/critical, so you cannot use a common value (like 5%) as you suggested.

If you want to be informed about this, you could set a 'critical-capacity'
limit in /etc/envsys.conf to be notified... but note that this event won't
check all batteries and ac adapter state and you'd have to check this
in the script yourself...

--
Juan Romero Pardines	- The NetBSD Project
http://plog.xtrarom.org	- NetBSD/pkgsrc news in Spanish