Subject: Re: reboot due to critical battery level
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/20/2007 16:32:03
On Thu, Dec 20, 2007 at 10:16:07AM -0500, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> There's kernel code that does it, too; before the fix was developed --
> as you and others have noted, this is code that is improving very
> rapidly -- I experienced a power-down while in single-user mode.

That happens when powerd or other users of the interface is not active.
I think that is a good default. Suspend is a bad idea as default, as you
are normally down to 3% or less with many systems consuming at least
1%/h in S3, making it easy to forgot. It is easy to forget about a
running laptop :-)

Joerg