Subject: Re: mutex fault
To: Kazushi Marukawa <jam@pobox.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/10/2007 13:51:37
On Mon, Dec 10, 2007 at 07:23:06PM +0900, Kazushi Marukawa wrote:
> Hi Manuel,
>
> This is quick update.  The kernel (11/21) with your patch
> was crashed.  I'll atatch the trace log at the bottom.

OK, so the problem is probably somewhere else :(

>    > Thanks.  I'm trying this now with -O0 and -g but without
>    > LOCKDEBUG.
>
> Now, I'm going to try the similar kernel (11/27) with
> additional LOCKDEBUG option and your patch.  I needed to
> change the date of kernel source since 11/21 kernel aborted
> at the booting time with LOCKDEBUG option.  11/27 kernel is
> still aborting at the rebooting time, but I'm hoping this is
> a minor problem.
>
> On the other hand, I may need to try the latest kernel to
> avoid these glitches.  Manuel, if you have your xenevt.c
> patch for 1.17 xenevt.c, please send it to me.  Thanks.

As IPL_SOFTXENEVT has dissapeared, and xenevt.c is now using softserial,
the change I did can't work any more. As it looks like it's still not safe
to call softint_schedule() from an interrupt handler above IPL_HIGH, I may
have to introduce another Xen-specific IPL to handle it ...