Subject: Re: remplacing page mappings behind uvm
To: YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp>
From: Antti Kantee <pooka@cs.hut.fi>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/30/2007 18:59:22
On Sat Dec 01 2007 at 01:45:05 +0900, YAMAMOTO Takashi wrote:
> > But this doesn't helps us, because it's mmapped before calling
> > IOCTL_PRIVCMD_MMAP*. AFAIK we have to return a valid page address at the
> > time a device mmap callback is called.
>
> are you talking about d_mmap calls in udv_attach?
> we can easily tweak the api.

Please tweak that api.  It would be very nice to able to know in the
callee if this is a request to setup a mapping or to actually return
a page.

And while on the subject: is sleeping allowed in d_mmap?

--
Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>                     Of course he runs NetBSD
http://www.iki.fi/pooka/                          http://www.NetBSD.org/