Subject: Re: Is O_DIRECT useless on NetBSD?
To: Zafer Aydogan <zafer@aydogan.de>
From: Antti Kantee <pooka@cs.hut.fi>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/21/2007 18:17:08
On Wed Nov 21 2007 at 14:18:06 +0100, Zafer Aydogan wrote:

> > > Hmm, ok, you are right. I could have saved a bit of efford if I had
> > > converted the disk to FFS first. Of course, both pax and tar cannot
> > > create large files on a FAT32 filesystem. :(
> >
> > It's not a problem of pax or tar.
> > The FAT32 filesystem itself doesn't support files larger than 4GB,
> > regardless of the OS.
>
> You could try NTFS via FUSE.

Amusingly enough that will not pollute the file cache ;)
(as there is currently no support in refuse for the fuse flag to tell
puffs to please use the file cache and fuse defaults to no cache)

--
Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>                     Of course he runs NetBSD
http://www.iki.fi/pooka/                          http://www.NetBSD.org/