Subject: Re: pool_cache_bootstrap touching all cpus before they are found
To: Andrew Doran <ad@netbsd.org>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/19/2007 01:05:53
On Sun, Nov 18, 2007 at 04:06:12PM +0000, Andrew Doran wrote:
> I'd like to fix sparc but I don't have a machine any more and I'm not
> confident about doing that without testing. I think it can be coded around
> in MI code so I'll do that now.

Side note: sparc is not the only affected port.

Yes, it can be (pretty easily) worked around in MD code - if we agree on the
rules. "All struct cpu_info for all cpus, and the CPU_FOREACH operator, need
to be available and usable before calling main" ? Or some dedicated point
slightly later?

Let's document the rules, then ports can be fixed one by one.

Martin